In this article, you will discover how to schedule an import of tasks to recur according to a pre-defined schedule.
To begin, simply click schedule import to repeat from the final step of the task import.
All the recipient, destination, and task data from the import will be saved for use in the scheduled import. Complete before and complete after timestamps will also be saved, however, the date used will necessarily be changed to the date of the scheduled import.
Setting Parameters for Scheduled Import
Once in the scheduled imports wizard, you will be able to configure a number of parameters:
- Name: The name of the scheduled import. This will be used to identify your import.
- Starting On: The date this scheduled import can begin.
- Occurs: The frequency of the scheduled import:
- Once: The scheduled import will run on the starting on a date, then stop.
- Daily: The scheduled import will run every day starting with the starting on a date.
- Weekly: The scheduled import will run with the first day specified following the starting on a date.
- On: The days of the week chosen for the weekly occurrence.
- At: The time and timezone the scheduled import will run.
Once you click "Done", a confirmation message will be shown indicating the import was successfully scheduled.
View / Edit Scheduled Imports
To view existing scheduled imports, open the import wizard or use the keyboard Ctrl + i (⌘ Cmd + i on Apple). Click the button labeled "View scheduled imports".
Double click on the import name to edit or delete, or use the "Edit" and - in the bottom right of the list.
Here you can update all the properties for the scheduled import:
Running Scheduled Imports
Once created, a scheduled import will run according to its schedule until deleted. Each run, the owner will be sent a confirmation of the scheduled import and its results:
The scheduled action <NAME> completed successfully.
This action will run again on <DATE & TIME>.
Tasks created: 202
Team assigned: 0
Error count: 0
Tasks not assigned to the expected driver: Verify the driver's name on the import file matches the driver's name on the dashboard. If mismatched, correct the driver's name in the dashboard to match the import file, or delete the scheduled import and create a new one with the updated file.
Email confirmation indicates "completeBefore must not be before creation time": Verify the complete before times listed in the import file occur after the import is scheduled to run.
Scheduled import has a status of "Stopped" in the dashboard: Verify that an owner is defined for the scheduled import and that your billing status is current.
Scheduled import has a status of "Error" in the dashboard: Contact Us