In this article, you will discover how to schedule an import of tasks to reoccur according to a pre-defined schedule.
To begin, select "Schedule Import to repeat" from the final step of the task import.
All the recipient, destination, and task data from the import will be saved for use in the scheduled import. "Complete Before" and "Complete After" timestamps will also be saved, however, the date used will be changed to the date of the scheduled import.
Setting Parameters for Scheduled Import
Once in the scheduled imports window, you will be able to configure a number of parameters:
- Name: The name of the scheduled import. This will be used to identify your import.
- Starting On: The date this scheduled import can begin.
- Repeat Every: The frequency of the scheduled import, options include:
- Once: The scheduled import will run on the Starting On date, then stop.
- Daily: The scheduled import will run every day starting with the Starting On date.
- Weekly: The scheduled import will run weekly with the first day specified following the "Starting On" date.
- Monthly: The scheduled import will run monthly on the first day specified following the "Starting On" date.
- Yearly: The scheduled import will run yearly with the first day specified following the "Starting On" date.
- On: The days of the week chosen for the weekly occurrence.
- At: The time and timezone the scheduled import will run.
- End: The date on which repeated imports (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) will end and no longer run.
- Never: the import will continue to run on its selected frequency until manually canceled.
- On: the exact date you would like the import to end.
- After: the number of occurrences you would like the import to have before concluding its run.
Once you click "Done", a confirmation message will be shown indicating the import was successfully scheduled.
View / Edit Scheduled Imports
To view existing scheduled imports, open the import wizard or use the keyboard Ctrl + i (⌘ Cmd + i on Apple). Click the button labeled "View scheduled imports".
Double click on the import name to edit or delete, or use the "Edit" and - in the bottom right of the list.
From here you can update all the properties for the scheduled import, including deleting the scheduled import:
Confirmation of Scheduled Imports
Once created, a scheduled import will run according to its scheduled frequency. After each run, the creator of the import will be sent a confirmation of the scheduled import and its results, including any errors:
Tasks not assigned to the expected driver: Verify the driver's name on the import file matches the driver's name on the dashboard. If mismatched, correct the driver's name in the dashboard to match the import file, or delete the scheduled import and create a new one with the updated file.
Email confirmation indicates "completeBefore must not be before creation time": Verify the complete before times listed in the import file occur after the import is scheduled to run.
Scheduled import has a status of "Stopped" in the dashboard: Verify that an owner is defined for the scheduled import and that your billing status is current.
Team assignment is not enabled. The task will remain unassigned: This occurs when an organization has the “Enable team assignment“ option unchecked but their scheduled import attempts to assign a task to a team. Check the "Enable Team Assignment" in the organization's administrator account or remove the team assignment in the import sheet.
Scheduled import has a status of "Error" in the dashboard: Contact Us