In this article, you will learn about some ancillary feature sets that should be set up in order to take full advantage of Onfleet's powerful route optimization tool.
To create optimized delivery routes, enable route optimization in the "Add-ons" tab of your administrator's dashboard settings.
Onfleet's route optimization algorithm considers hubs, delivery locations, time windows, driver schedules, vehicle capacities, service time, historical traffic data, and road speeds/ restrictions.
In order to utilize Route Optimization you must:
- Create a Hub(s)
- Assign a Team to the Hub(s)
Optionally, you may:
- Create Driver Schedule
- Setup Driver Capacity
- Setup Task Quantity (see below)
- Define Task Service Time (see below)
To provide further flexibility when planning optimal routes, tasks can optionally include individual "Quantity" and "Service Time" values under "Optimization Settings". You must enable route optimization to use the "Service Time" option.
- Maximum Number of Tasks per route is the maximum number of tasks that can be assigned to a driver during one route.
- Service Time describes the time a driver is expected to spend at a task's destination. When defined for an individual task, this service time value will override the global service time value defined when optimizing tasks.
- Maximum allowed delay per task is the maximum amount of time that each task with a Delivery Time Window may be delayed.
Set a task's quantity or service time by double-clicking a task on the sidebar or map and click "Edit". Enter the value into the designated quantity and service time fields, or use the arrows ↑ ↓ on the right to increase/decrease the value. Hit "Save" to apply the changes.
Note: Units used for task quantities must match the units used for driver capacities. If a task does not have an individual quantity defined, we assume a quantity of zero.