- General Task Assignment
- Select Multiple/ All Tasks
- Right-click Task Assignment
- Assign to a Team
- Modify a Route
- Re-order Tasks Using the Route Line Tool
General Task Assignment
Once you create a task, there are a few different options as to how you can assign the tasks to the driver. These include:
- Dragging it down in the sidebar, from "Unassigned" to the driver you wish to assign it to. You can either drag it on top of the driver’s name to add it to the end of their route or directly into a position in the driver’s route (the list in the sidebar is the same order as the driver sees it in the Onfleet mobile app).
- Drag from another task marker on the map to the new task in order to add it to the route immediately after that task.
- Drag from the driver on the map to the new task to add it to the beginning of the driver’s route (or immediately after the current task if the driver is en route to a task).
- While creating the task, you can assign it to a driver at the bottom of the task creation view. This adds the task to the end of the driver’s route.
- Right-click the task on the dashboard, select "Assign task" and then select the driver or team you would like to assign the task to from the drop-down on the dashboard.
Select Multiple/ All Tasks
You can select tasks in the dashboard in several ways:
One by one
Mac: CMD + Mouse Left Click
Win: CTL + Mouse Left Click
In a range
Mac/Win: SHIFT + Mouse Left Click
Within a map region
Mac/Win: SHIFT + Mouse Left Click and Drag
In addition, you can Select All tasks using the CMD + A (CTL + A on Windows) shortcut on your keyboard.
Much like Zoom-to-fit and right-click options, the select all function is contextually aware. That is, it will select all tasks based on the current list you are using. For example, clicking a driver and using the command will select all tasks in a driver's queue. Pressing it again will move up one step and select all tasks in that driver's team. Pressing it a third time will select all tasks currently visible in the dashboard.
Pressing CMD + A (CTL + A) again adds tasks in the team to the selection:
Within a Zone
If you have an overlay on your map to delegate zones, you can right-click within a zone and click “Select Tasks in Zone” to select all tasks within that zone.
Right-click Task Assignment
As a dispatcher, you can assign multiple tasks to a driver's queue with one right-click action. This can save you time and eliminate mistakes when handling a high volume of tasks within your dashboard.
Simply highlight all of the tasks that you want to assign to a particular driver (by selecting multiple / all tasks), right-click on the driver's name in the sidebar, and select "Assign Tasks to (driver name)".
Here's a full video that will walk you through how to use right-click task assignment:
Assign to a Team
If you're managing deliveries across more than one service area or city, or have multiple physical stores/hubs, team assignment is right for you. With team assignment enabled, your teams can move tasks into a team without assigning to a driver. Tasks that are assigned to a team will only be visible to other dispatchers if they have been granted permission to that team.
Enable Team Assignment
To enable team assignment, check thecheckbox in the Organization tab of your administrator's dashboard settings.
Once enabled, you can move unassigned tasks from the main Unassigned section into a new section within each team. Once unassigned within a team, it will not be visible to other teams.
There are several ways to assign a task to a team:
- Manually in the dashboard, using drag-and-drop in the sidebar
- Manually in the dashboard, on creation or edit from the task modal.
- On task import.
- Through the API, via Manual and Automatic assignment.
Assign to a Team via drag-and-drop
To assign via drag-and-drop, simply select the desired task(s) and drag them to the desired team. As you drag over a team name, it will highlight white to indicate selection. Drop the tasks into the highlighted team name and they will be assigned to the team. Similarly, you can assign to another team or return to the global Unassigned section by drag-and-drop.
Assign to a Team via Task Modal
To assign on manual creation or edit, select your desired team in the Assigned to a section at the bottom of the modal. You can return a task to the global Unassigned section by choosing "None" in the drop-down.
Assign Tasks via Right-Click
Once tasks have been assigned to a driver, you can assign back to the current team or return to the global Unassigned section by choosingor from the right-click context menu.
Modify a Route
You can drag tasks around in the sidebar to reorder them for drivers. This updates the route in real-time.
You can also modify routes by dragging links between tasks and drivers in the map view.
Note: if a driver is en route to a task, you cannot place another task ahead of the task in progress.
Re-order Tasks Using the Route Line Tool
As a dispatcher, you can use the quickly reorder tasks within your dashboard map by dragging from one to the other to "draw" the route. This can allow you to shift the order of the tasks within a driver's queue while visualizing the route on the map within your dashboard.
Here's a full video that will walk you through this feature: