Onfleet Offset

In this article, you will learn about the Onfleet Offset program. By enabling the Onfleet Offset add-on, organizations can offset the carbon emissions from their deliveries, joining Onfleet in investing in a portfolio of carbon offset projects. 

With the support of our customers, Onfleet plans to offset a total of more than 100,000 tons of CO2 by the end of 2022, the equivalent of taking 20,000 cars off the road for a full year.

This article covers:

Note: This feature is available to every Onfleet organization on a paid plan


Onfleet Offset Overview

If your organization has opted in by enabling the add-on in the administrator settings, Onfleet will calculate the total CO2 emissions of your operations by multiplying your total monthly mileage by the standard EPA GHG coefficients based on vehicle type.

Onfleet will then sum it all up and purchase carbon offsets at $15 per metric ton, with $7.50 coming from our customer and $7.50 coming from Onfleet. This total will be added to your organization's monthly invoice and funds will be directly sent to our sustainability partner, Pachama, who then distributes them to our portfolio of ACR and VCS verified forestry projects.

Upon opting into this program, your organization will be able to activate an optional banner on your Onfleet tracking page to let customers know that the emissions from the delivery have been offset.


To activate this banner, click on the "Customize" button in the "Tracking Page" tab of your administrator dashboard settings. Once Onfleet Offset has been enabled (see below), check the "Onfleet Offset Banner" checkbox.



Return to Top


How to Enable Onfleet Offset

To enable Onfleet Offset, follow these steps:

1. Log into your organization's administrator account. 

2. Select "Settings", then click on "Add-Ons". 

3. From the "Add-Ons" section, turn on the toggle for "Onfleet Offset" and your organization's mileage will be automatically entered. Organizations will be able to view their mileage and impact in the monthly billing statement. 




Return to Top


How to Estimate Your Monthly Contribution

Organizations can calculate their estimated contribution by using the Onfleet Offset Calculator. To make a personal copy of the calculator, open the link above, and select "File" > "Download" > "CSV". 

To determine the inputs for the calculator, go to the "Analytics" tab in your dashboard, and view "In Transit Distance" over the previous 30-day period; please note that we do not include idle distance in our carbon emissions calculations. The mileage total can then be input into the appropriate input field in the calculator (by vehicle type) and your estimated monthly cost will be calculated. Onfleet matches this amount to purchase carbon credits at $15/metric ton.

Onfleet measures carbon emissions based on EPA GHG coefficients in order to purchase the appropriate amount of carbon credits. The calculations will be based on the vehicle types designated in Onfleet, so we recommend organizations ensure these are correct for each driver vehicle type (e.g. Truck mileage will be multiplied by a higher coefficient than Motorcycle mileage due to greater fuel consumption and emissions). 

Return to Top


Organizations will view a new line item on their month-end billing statement that displays their share in the Offset program.

The total monthly contributions of all Onfleet Offset participants and Onfleet's match will then be added and forwarded to purchase verified offsets from Pachama. Pachama takes a 20% cut for providing access to these projects, as well as for their technology-based verification layer, and the remaining 80% are distributed across our portfolio of projects, which you can learn more about here.

Return to Top



Can I turn the Onfleet Offset program on or off mid-month? 

Yes! Onfleet will only calculate in-transit mileage for tasks completed while the toggle was enabled to compute your emissions and purchase offsets accordingly. 

For example, if your organization enables Onfleet Offset on May 20th, your May 31st invoice will include a line item for $7.50 multiplied by the CO2 emissions for your organization between May 20th and May 31st. If you turn it back off on May 25th, then the invoice will only include in-transit mileage (on active tasks) for May 20th-25th. 


How do I learn more about the projects our organization funds are being invested in?

To learn more about how your contributions are being used, please visit our partner page with Pachama, where our funds and impacts will be showcased. 


Return to Top